There are thousands of different themes and plugins available. Of course, it’s much more convenient to use CMS instead of building a website from scratch but is it actually better? Well, it turns out that WordPress, by all means, is actually a pretty good solution for a business website. Let’s dig into its main advantages to get a better idea.
1. Free License and Free MaintenanceYou do not have to pay either for the installation of the base or for its maintenance. When a web developer creates a website for you, you end up with a site on an exclusive engine and only the webmaster who developed it can thoroughly understand how it works. Having sold the work to the client, he will certainly “hook” him on maintenance. Often the cost of annual administration of such a website is several times higher than the cost of web development services! As a result, the customer overpays many times.
With sites on a universal platform, nobody dares to pull money from the customer in vain. Any person with system administration skills and basic knowledge in HTML and PHP can create and set up a site on WordPress. So you can easily find a new WordPress developer to take care of your website if something goes wrong with the current one. Just replace the webmasters!
2. Ease of Use and ReliabilitySay goodbye to the web studios that spent three months building the site and forget about monthly payments just to keep it working. WordPress CMS core is so reliable that the web resources made it work like clockwork. Thus, administering them is a pleasure! After thoughtful initial debugging, no issues would ever arise. It means you will save a lot of money on maintenance and technical support.
Moreover! Thanks to powerful standardization, simple and intuitive interface, any advanced Internet user can administer WP sites. And if you decide to self-service your blog or online store, you are not at risk of being alone in space: WordPress “happiness engineers” work around the clock, alternately answering user questions in online chat, email, and on the pages of specialized tech support forums.
3. Functionality and AdaptabilityWordPress gained its popularity due to the convenience for users, programmers – both. WP professionals and enthusiasts have developed more than 40 thousand plugins, i.e. special programs that expand, complement and improve the functionality of the platform. You do not have to contact specialists to develop this or that function for your website: everything that you would like to add has already been created and is available for download and installation in two clicks right from the administrative panel of your website. Interactive maps? Integration with social networks? Adapting themes to mobile devices? Yes, all that the soul desires! Moreover, almost all such programs are free, as is CMS itself.
4. Convenience and EleganceAlong with the installed WordPress base, you get several basic templates, i.e. software modules with the design of your site. They are quite suitable if you intend to start a personal blog or want to publish a business card site without any extra effort. But what if you swipe at an online store, a real estate agency, a virtual reception room, a message board or a professional workshop? In this case, you are destined to spend several hours (and maybe days) to choose a template that would be perfect for your needs.
Building a beautiful WordPress site is so simple that you won’t have to discuss the appearance of each page, the number of categories, the location of buttons, their size, shape and color with a web designer for several weeks in a row. Just choose one template out of thousands available. If you want, you can hire a WP template developer to build an exclusive template for you. There are themes designed specifically for a certain type of activity or for a particular type of publication. Each template can be customized according to your personal or corporate requirements. In other words, with WordPress, you get exactly what you need, and without extra time and money!
Unlike hundreds of free templates, often limited in scope and artless in appearance, beautiful, convenient and functional WordPress themes cost money. However, their prices range from 20 to 200 US dollars. Thus, you can choose a template that will meet not only the needs of your site but also your budget capabilities. Moreover, you do not have to contact a web studio every few years in order to update a boring website design. Just select the manufacturer, replace the template with another suitable one – and voila!
5. WordPress is SEO-friendlySEO – does not mean “quick and easy installation.” This is not a ready-made software solution. Here you can’t just “set and forget.” SEO doesn’t work like that. SEO is an ongoing process that is recommended to be implemented in the structure of current marketing operations.
You will not find a plugin for WordPress that includes all SEO elements, just like a good hammer will not build a wonderful new home for you without your help. Setting up the SEO plugin appropriately is a step in the right direction – but this is only the first step! The whole picture is much more complex and vast. You will need to hire an expert who understands the structure of organic search, knows how to attract traffic to the site and will warn you against making costly mistakes. Such a person is recommended to be hired for the long term – or gradually sort things on your own.
WordPress is great for promotion. This CMS has certain disadvantages, but its advantages overlap them and nullify them. The key to effective SEO promotion of WordPress projects is a deep understanding of the system, knowledge of optimization methods, as well as practical experience.